Saturday, August 2, 2014

I Have to Say Goodbye Way Too Often.

Today is my last day in Cedar Falls. In the few months I've lived here I had the chance to complete a great internship at the North American Review and--probably more importantly--I've met a couple of great people, some of them I wanna call my friends now.



Winning Trivia at the Octopus was grand, Mario Kart at Jordan's was a thrill, Skee-ball at Ginger was fun, darts and pickled eggs at Suds was great, darts without pickled eggs but with Whisky at that one place was almost as good as darts at Suds, just without the eggs, the Mario Party party at Zach's was a pleasure, hiking and spelunking in Maquoketa Caves State Park was beautiful, Trailer Park Boys at Jordan's was awesome, and I wouldn't wanna have missed that one WhiskyDogWednesday at the Octopus with all the dogs and all the whisky.
At the same time, the decision to leave is mine. I still/only have one month left in the U.S., so the inevitable road trip has to start. And saying goodbye does not get easier by staying longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment